Monday 23 March 2020

...and God said let there be VIRUS

Subhashis Das


    God was sleeping; resting actually; fagged out owing to her age, some trillion or zillion years…or…maybe... alright you morons, she is ageless if you want in that way.
    Enjoying the light and the heat from the sun she had created trillions of years ago, one fine morning she fished out her notebook. Flipping over its pages she came to the page in which she had catalogued her creations. One particular planet drew her attention.

    Earth.

    Now lemme see in which solar system have I placed this sphere, God ruminated. Ah yes it’s in here. What a fool I am (finally she realises).  Wasn’t this planet my crowning glory, my supreme most one I created? Yes I now recall... putting in it my most beautiful creation, the humans in it; let’s see how the humans and the other inhabitants are doing down there.

   Well here’s Jupiter, Mars and yes there; that’s Earth, my dear old blue planet. Let’s peep in.

   Man oh man! It’s blue alright but I did not create this planet in this manner. Had I created this planet or was this done by that abysmal son of a “b…” Satan?  My my… why are there so many humans around…are those tall eye sores their dwellings? Darn! Where have most of my animals, birds and fish that I had created, gone?
     Look at the rivers, lakes, oceans and mountains, I created eons ago? They are so grubby and filthy. Where are the forests which I had crammed this sphere with?
    God let out a deep sigh of soreness …aagh! I can’t even breathe this air that I had once created. Oh God (dash it that’s me)! the air is contaminated.  

   Who devastated my darling blue planet?  Lemme see. God shut her eyes and images of humans hovered in front of her.
    Why…it’s these “God blessed”… (But that’s me. Alright cut the God out from it)…okay… so its these “blessed humans” who have been polluting my waters here, deforesting all my forests and what have you. They are also killing and eating up all of my animals, reptiles and fish for their tang and pushing them to extinction. Tch tch what a mess my people have made here.   
  They donot seem to know me who on "earth" I am. They believe that this planet is theirs and therefore they could do whatever they wish to with it...huh? They do not seem to know that I am the boss around.
   Alright they need to be punished for their greed and lust. I shall have to do something that would do justice for my wounded darling blue planet and in the process fix her. I need to clean the air, the waters, and the ruined mountains. I shall have to let the trees flourish here without much restraint and even let my animals, birds and fish multiply in joy for which I need to teach these humans a lesson. I need to set this planet right.

    They ought to be punished for their act. No?
    I mean this punishment should be in the form of a therapy. Therapeutic punishment; how about that? Well then to begin with, how about sending down some bacteria to harm them?
    Mmm…the brains I have planted inside these humans are smart; I have already tried to reform them by sending down bacteria but they have invented medicines to kill it. So I shall have to try something else…
   Lemme see…what if I send down some virus...well, they had curbed on the earlier ones I had send down. Virus seems to be good idea...but this time it better be a tougher one. Hah ha! A tougher one then.  Tough virus, as a justice; so it be then...

   I know these humans would pop in a name for it… say…mmm…Corona...Corona Virus may be… But many would die of it as per the decree I created for life …well humans will invent medicines for this too… but it will take them time.
   In the meantime my beautiful planet will revive when all the humans will remain locked in their abodes. I shall clean up the air, the waters, and the lands. I would have the animals grow along with the woods. My Earth will become beautiful once again.
   But would humans learn to respect me and my creations even after such a large devastation of their lives? Hmm... I don’t think so. These human beings I created as my finest creation are real nitwits. Well let them suffer for a while as I rest...
   “Secretary,” yelled God. “Get somebody to clean up my bed cover. These humans are lethargic; they do not even change in paradise.
   Aagh!  This God damned, sorry damned back ache...

=======================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cart Ruts of India

  Subhashis Das     India has numerous cart ruts. This blog-page cites only a few of the large treasure of these ruts in the country.      R...