Sunday 15 June 2014

The unborn

by Subhashis Das

Credit: dare-to-think-beyond-horizon.blogspot.com



The Norwester in April uproot trees and
devastate shacks of the impoverished.
That unrelenting tempest is me.

The hot summer winds blow in the stifling June afternoons 
coercing you to bar your windows and doors.
That unwelcome heat is me.

The perpetual showers of wet August
make your day a drag.
That unpleasant downpour is me.

The razor cold icy winds blow in
January piercing through your aged bones.
That fierce jitters is me.

I am the dark threatening clouds in July.
I am the sultriness in mid-May.
I am the bite of the chill in December.
I am the wind, the clouds.

I am the sun, the crimson of the sky,
I am the dark in the night time and the gold in the sun,
I am the drop of water on the burning desert sands.
I am the nomadic Bhulaiya Birhor dwelling in the leaf Kumbas.
I am the migratory bird of Siberia.

I am Chowrasia’s tune of the pahadi.
I am the riff of Clapton strings.
I am Teejan Bai’s Mahabharata.
I am the yearning for a son,
I am the coyness of a bride.
I am the deep contentment of the cold water’s thirst in sultry summer,
I am the sound of the sweep of the dry leaves.
I am patriotism and the traitorous.
I am the famine, the green paddy fields.

The Eureka of Archimedes is me,
The pain of dignity in Khudiram’s mother is me,
The experiments of Gandhi with truth are me,
The tsunami of Chennai is me.

I am Vishnu, Zarathustra,Zen and Christ. I am the Buddha,
I am Hitler, I am the Mahatma.
 Rabindranath, Lalan, Kabir, Dylan and Tennyson too are me.
I am Jack the Ripper, Martin Luther and Che Guevra.

I am life, existence.
I am death, death’s life.
I am the origin, the end.
I am creation, destruction.
I am the bliss in your meditation.
I am the Nirakar Brahma and the Sakar Shiva.

Why need you look at me in separates?
I am indivisible, wholesome and complete.
I am the unborn, the uncreated.

I am the entire arrangement of existence.
I reside within and without you.
But then, I am yet unknown to you as you still hold to your name.


I happen only to the anonymous and to the awakened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cart Ruts of India

  Subhashis Das     India has numerous cart ruts. This blog-page cites only a few of the large treasure of these ruts in the country.      R...